[Asset Class] Watches - talking all things horology

Dedicated watch thread to talk all things watches. Upcoming releases, secondary market price moves or even celeb watch spotting - whatever takes your fancy!

1 Like

If, like us, you like tracking the prices of watches and new releases you should check out [watchanalytics] on insta. What are your favorite watch Instagram profiles?

Watch fans are often divided when it comes to post-production customisation. What are your thoughts on this (unofficial) fusion between a Sky-dweller and a BoredApeYC NFT?

It reminds me a little of some of the crazy looking Corum Bubble watches (https://www.google.com/search?q=corum+bubble&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB772GB772&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjH7dyxqPr0AhWMTcAKHUnWAsQQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1537&bih=870&dpr=2)

I was just strolling by my AD, talking about Rolex and Tudor. They are saying the Chrono and the GMTs are starting to get more and more of a backlog. Looks like the shortage of Rolex Daytonas and GMT Masters is leading to lots of people buying the Tudor alternative and therefore trickling down the shortage there as well. I signed up for a Tudor GMT, even though I wanted a Rolex.

The GMT ‘Pepsi’ is one of my favourite Rolex models, but with waitlists as long as they are, lots of people are turning to the Tudo GMT, which, has clearly taken (some!?!) inspiration from the ‘Pepsi’.

Article comparing the two: Is The New Tudor GMT Better Value Than The Rolex Pepsi?

Personally, really like the Jubilee bracelet on the GMT II.

No question the Rolex is better. The bezel insert is anodised aluminium on the Tudor, the Rolex is ceramic. It will last a lot longer. The overall finishing is supposed to be better as well there. But you can get the Tudor at retail with a little bit of a wait, or no wait from Chrono24 right now. The GMT Master will either cost you nearly 10x the price of the Tudor, or you will have to wait ages. I think the Pepsi is too hot right now if it is not coming directly from the AD.

But agreed, the Pepsi is probably my favourite Rolex.

1 Like